Levine’s General Store
First Anniversary Gluten-Free EatUP!
A celebration of locally crafted, gluten-free, taste-full foods.
Meet the Makers. Mingle. Eat. Be Free.
Where: Freddy’s Bar & Backroom
627 Fifth Avenue, South Slope Brooklyn, NY
When: Sunday March 1, 2015 1pm to 6pm
Entrance is Free.
Raffles! Tote Bags! GLUTENBERG BEER and Good Vibes at the bar!
The Gluten-Free EatUP! is Turning One! Join us to celebrate an afternoon of locally crafted, gluten-free, taste-full foods that just might knock your woolen socks off. You deserve a break from hibernation, so spring on over because New York City’s first and only, all gluten-free pop up market is back in town.
Hosted by Levine’s General Store: Gluten-Free Provisions and housed in the welcoming, local stalwart Freddy’s Bar in South Slope Brooklyn, the First Anniversary market features new and returning merchants, $5 American Pale Ale and tasting from our Sponsor Glutenberg Beer (GF), A chance to win tickets to The Daily Show and other raffle items, benefiting the *Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, and good vibes all around.
The Innovators Are:
· Levine’s General StoreSavory Yum Pieempanadas, Grilled KimCheese on bread from
The Gluten Free Bakery of Chatham NY, Kickin’Mac-n-Cheesemade with imported Italian pasta from our Pasta Sponsor Taste Up Foods.
· Kimcheelicious Tangy small batch vegan kimchi – almost as good as a Korean grandma’s.
· Sans Bakery Donuts and ginger cookies to weep for and other baked goods from this trailblazing bakery.
· Gone Pie All matter of vegan baked goods, chocolate treats…and, you guessed it, pie!
· Krumville Bakeshop Focaccia, amaretti cookies and classic baked goods from this Italian influenced baker.
· Polvilho Bakery Bite into a taste of Brazil withYuPuffs, artisanal, baked and naturally gluten-free snacks. Addictive!
· Smart Snack Bites Decadent confections and truffles with Indian spiced influences.
· This Pie is Nuts Individual squares of Certified Paleo and vegan pie with luxurious fillings, key lime to chocolate mousse.
· Cali Girl Bakes New on the scene, this Harlem based baking company crafting classic treats like biscotti, lemon pound cake, cookies and more.
· Kulushkat Stepping out from their Brooklyn restaurant to serve up their kosher, and gluten-free Israeli salads and cuisine.
Whether motivated by Celiac Disease, intolerance, sensitivity, general health or curiosity, more and more people are seeking gluten-free foods. The choices don’t have to be sad and boring. Come by and meet the makers, sample, eat and shop. Revel in the culinary delights of vendors offering baked goods, hot savory comfort foods; sweet, salty, crunchy, (naughty), small batch treats, and healthy snacks. When you are gluten-free, sometimes it feels like you are on the outside. Not at the EatUP!
In celebration of our First Anniversary, a GF EatUP! Fun Bag
will be up for raffle. Prizes will feature graciously donated yummy treats from our event merchants, and
from some of our favorite, far away, yet locally minded partners: Brŭlee Bakery
– Pennsylvania based gluten-free artisan bakery, delicate cookies by the enchanting, Chef Lila (2010 James Beard Scholarship winner) and Kim and Jake’s Gluten-Free Bakery
a husband and wife team establishment from Boulder, Colorado offering breads and buns!
Raffle proceeds to benefit the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University
627 5th Avenue
Between 17th and 18th Street
R Train to Prospect Avenue Station
B63 Bus to the bar door!
**Children under 21 must be accompanied by an adult, permitted in the backroom only.